Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is an Autonomous Organization under the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. It is one of the best and most recognized boards of school education in India.
CBSE is considered to be very important in Indian education system because, it focuses to impart a common education in this land of diverse culture and heritage across India. Thus, it has created a common standard of education for all across the country. CBSE education keeps getting updated with time. This board has successfully matched the needs and changing trends in the world of education. The quality of education system has always been high and competitive.
The syllabus of CBSE is set with an idea of providing objective knowledge which is tested in the competitive examinations. The board also conducts the AIEEE exam, an entrance examination for undergraduate courses in engineering and architecture in many colleges across India. It also conducts AIPMT All India Pre medical Test, an entrance examination for admission to medical colleges in India.
At present there are more than 12500 schools are affiliated with the board and the figure includes around 140 schools spread in 21 countries with more than 12 million students.
The board has been continuously introducing innovative changes to match required standards of education in this world of competition. CBSE education is proved to be a very beneficial to all students in India and out of India. In spite of that, if a student of sr. secondary (CBSE) exam scores 90 % marks, is considered to be eligible for applying in Oxford university, London, for higher education.
In order to keep pace with the technological advancements, CBSE has launched an online educational system to sort out students difficulties. CBSE online provides study material for students. It is a powerful resource offering a stress-free learning environment. It provides conceptual learning supported by multimedia resources such as audio, visuals and animation. These are also supported with relevant power point presentations, graphics and illustrations that are easy to understand, grasp, and remember. The CBSE has already introduced an international syllabus to give it a global appeal.
Advantages of CBSE Syllabus
- The recognition made by the Government of India provides it a better credibility.
- CBSE has a student-oriented syllabus that is developed understanding the needs and requirements of an individual child.
- The CBSE syllabus is more scientific and focused in its approach. The whole syllabus of CBSE is divided into shorter units.
- It has an easier syllabus with English, social studies and science as the core subjects. Its syllabus is based on faster learning and objective knowledge.
- The objective nature of the syllabus helps CBSE students in the competitive examination. It has been noticed that students of CBSE schools usually do better in the competitive examinations.
- Major exams like PMT and IIT-JEE are based on the CBSE syllabus and thus the syllabus is exam friendly. The students do not need to take any special preparation.
- The CBSE curriculum includes physical extracurricular activities like indoor and outdoor games and sports that have a wide network both in the state level and in the national level.
- CBSE with the introduction of its new concept of Grading System has really helped the children who are not able to get qualifying marks in the Board Examination.
- Language of Instruction for CBSE curriculum is available both in English as well as Hindi.